Thursday, May 22, 2008

Questionaire

1) What are you looking forward to the most?

I'm looking forward to learning more about my own heritage. Being born in the US I haven't been exposed to an actual Asian lifestyle.

2) What gives you any sense of anxiety at all about going?

The biggest problem about going to a foreign country is being able to communicate with the natives. The majority of the group have this same issue, so it makes me feel a lot more at ease to know there are other people in the same boat.

3) Not everyone who expressed interest ended up applying to go.. what was the most compelling aspect of the program that made you DECIDE you wanted to do it?

Knowing that this trip was a chance of a lifetime made me apply. I will be able to travel China and learn more about Chemistry at the same time, so why not. The worst that could happen is not being accepted.

4) The pre-program period in Ann Arbor is meant to get the group to get to know each other before the trip. Is this a good idea? Were the activities effective?

The pre-program period was a great idea; however I wished the activities were scheduled better. The activities started at 9:30 and were supposed to end at about 4. We always finished early, which is not a big deal, but having breakfast then lunch within 2 hours of each other wasn't that great.

No comments: